Differentiate your skills. Advance your career.
September 2017 - March 2018
We are now accepting registrations for Fall 2017. To register click here.
Program Delivery: Classroom
*Sessions run 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. at the University of Calgary Downtown Campus, 906 8 Ave SW, Calgary AB
Commitment: 11 sessions, 3 Mentor/Coaching Clinics and 2 presentation sessions (121 hours)
This program is eligible for grant funding up to five weeks prior to program start date.
Building Your Case: We have some advice and tips to help you prepare a compelling business case to present to your organization if you need to gain approval for time away from work and also justify the investment. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Professional Development Hours:
121 CPD hours for CPHR recertification with HRIA
11 PDUs for Continuing Certification Requirements (CCR) offered by PMI® (subject to PMI® approval)
To register for an upcoming information session, click here.
The Business Essentials program is a development journey that focuses on performance outcomes and is purposely designed for maximum impact. In this program, new skills, knowledge and behaviours are learned and applied through intentional integration in the workplace.
In this program you will:
- Learn to think like an executive and reap the benefits of advanced business thinking.
- Experience a learning journey that is deliberately designed and spaced over time to allow for absorption of key concepts and implementation of learning back into the workplace
- Complete a work-based project with the guidance of a Haskayne mentor to provide value back to the organization.
- Receive one-on-one coaching from a certified leadership coach to develop a pragmatic plan for leadership practice.
- Build a business network while learning from business peers from various industries and Haskayne’s most experienced faculty.
Business Essentials is also eligible for grant funding to cover 2/3 of program costs.
For more information please contact email@example.com
Complete a work-based project that creates value for your organization.
In Business Essentials, participants develop a greater understanding of their business by completing an Action Learning Project (ALP). The ALP is an opportunity to apply program concepts and tools, a proven technique to ensure learning transfer. Business Essentials alumni have stated that the learning experience has made them more confident, curious and competitive in their careers, many receiving promotions after completing the program. Alumni have achieved the following with their ALPs:
- Developed a new process to reduce mandatory auditing costs by approximately $5M over 5 years
- Identified an additional 20% in annual revenues by identifying a new opportunity in the sales process
- Created a system reduce company risk and control testing costs by 75%
- Identified $500K inventory cost savings through more effective supply chain management
- Accessed $1M incremental revenue opportunity from equipment rental versus sale
Who will benefit:
- High potential leaders of all levels across the organization
- Experienced leaders/managers seeking to develop skills for new areas of responsibilitt
- Technical professionals looking to differentiate their skills and advance to corporate leadership
- Entrepreneurs who would like to develop a well-rounded business acumen
- Executives considering an MBA or EMBA in the future
Program investment is $10,250 per participant. Your investment includes the following:
- Program launch and orientation, welcome reception, graduation and celebration reception.
- 11 days of program content, all materials and copyrights, virtual learning platform, two leadership diagnostic assessments and micro-learning reflection sessions.
- 3 ALP mentoring sessions with Haskayne faculty mentor
- 3 coaching sessions with a Certified Leadership Coach
- Breakfast, lunch and refreshments/snacks during classroom session days
- Framed certificate of completion from the Haskayne School of Business
To register for our upcoming information session, click here.