Submitted by yayoi.moriguchi on Sat, 03/14/2015 - 10:25am
Business Process Management (BPMA) combines aspects of understanding and analyzing different types of business processes, and then uses a variety of approaches and techniques to improve the quality and increase the effectiveness of those processes. Accomplishing this involves the selection and application of information technologies and information systems.
The ability to analyze, design, and align business processes with company goals and customer needs is what our students take with them from this program. BPMA students are trained to think "outside the box" and thus leave primed with creative problem-solving abilities that can be applied in reducing company costs as well as improving the quality of a company's goods and services.
Students declaring a Business Process Management (BPMA) Concentration must take a required six courses. Please refer to the University of Calgary Calendar for a description of these courses and their prerequisites.
Business Process Analyst
- apply efficiency tests
- ensure maintenance for solutions and provide user documentation
Cost Schedule Analyst
- support planning, tracking, analysis, and reporting on company contracts
- calculate a project's estimate to completion
- participate in supply chain management, transportation, human resource management, finance, or food services
- assist in systems development and provide purchasing and logistics expertise to management
- manage on-going relationships with customers and suppliers
- Coordinate and expedite the flow of materials, parts, and assemblies between sections or departments, according to shipping schedules or priorities
- Review production schedules and confer with supervisors to determine material requirements
- Compute amount of material required to complete job orders
- Customer Service Coordinator
- Customer Service Quality Process & Productivity Analyst
- Director Sales & Marketing
- Operations Analyst
- Crude Oil Analyst
- Operations Manager
- Purchasing and Supply Practitioner
- Supply Chain Coordinator