The World Tourism Education & Research Centre (WTERC) is renowned for its leadership, innovation and excellence in travel, tourism and hospitality research. All faculty members contribute to this body of knowledge and cooperate on research where possible.
Some of the main research themes include:
- Evolution of tourism education, design of tourism education systems and programs
- Planning, management and marketing of attractions, festivals, events and mega-events
- Identifying, measuring and managing the service process in the leisure and travel market demand
- Winter and "snow tourism"
- Destination resort management
- Heritage and culture tourism
- Stakeholder theory and tourism
- Destination image measurement and branding
- Destination marketing, management, demand and competitiveness in international tourism
- The impacts of tourism and recreation on people, the environment and the economy
- Environmental auditing and sustainable development in tourism
- Tourism policy leadership and strategic planning
- Measuring and managing destination image, destination branding
- Destination competitiveness and sustainability