The Co-operative Education Program for Haskayne Bachelor of Commerce students is an optional academic program that allows students to alternate in-school learning with full-time work experience. The Co-op Program gives students 12 months of full-time work experience before graduating in their chosen field.
- The Co-op Program consists of three, four month work-terms
- Co-op work-terms start in January, May or September - students may choose to do an eight month work-term
- Co-op students are pre-screened and go through a competitive application process before being admitted to the Co-op Program
- Each student is assigned a Co-operative Education Program Advisor
- Each student must have a supervisor in the work place - supervisors commit to help their Co-op student develop learning objectives, take part in check-ins with the Co-op Advisor, and conduct a performance evaluation
- Students have generally completed a minimum of two years of academic study prior to going out on their first work-term