The Distinguished Business Leader Award selection committee welcomes your suggestions to identify outstanding ethical leaders and community builders in the Calgary area. Please email us to propose a nominee for the Distinguished Business Leader Award. Nominations are now closed for the 2020 recipient. Any submissions will be considered for the 2021 recipient.
Please note due to the measures in place to stop the spread of COVID-19, we have postponed our annual Distinguished Business Leaders Award gala until 2021, but the need to celebrate ethical leaders hasn’t changed. In fact, we feel it is more important than ever. To respond to these unprecedented times, the Haskayne School of Business, the Calgary Chamber and Calgary Foundation invite you to join us for the Distinguished Business Leaders Summit, an online summit of distinguished and high-profile leaders.
Please mark your calendar for June 21, 2021 when we plan to gather in person at the Distinguished Business Leader Award gala to recognize another outstanding and ethical business leader.
You may email us to propose a nominee for the Distinguished Business Leader Award. Any submissions will be considered for future awards.
The Distinguished Business Leader Award selection committee members are a dynamic mix of business leaders, future leaders, and representatives of both the Haskayne School of Business and the Calgary Chamber of Commerce. The 2020 selection committee includes:
- Al Duerr, Founder, CEO & Director, General Magnetic International Inc (Chair)
- Lesley Conway, Chairman, First Row Investment Corp.
- Jim Dewald, Dean, Haskayne School of Business
- Jim Dinning, Chairman, Russel Metals Inc, Chancellor Emeritus, University of Calgary
- Eva Friesen, President and CEO, Calgary Foundation
- Sandip Lalli, President and CEO Calgary Chamber
- Alan Norris, President and CEO, Brookfield Residential, Distinguished Business Leader Award recipient (2013)
- Leslie O'Donoghue, Executive Vice President, Advisor to the CEO, Nutrien, Distinguished Business Leader Award recipient (2017)
- Sue Riddell Rose, President and CEO, Perpetual Energy, Distinguished Business Leader Award recipient (2012)
- Shahauna Siddiqui, Partner, DHR International
- Mike Tims, Vice Chairman, MATCO Investments Ltd, Distinguished Business Leader Award recipient (2007)