The Distinguished Business Leader Award selection committee welcomes your suggestions to identify outstanding ethical leaders and community builders in the Calgary area. Please email us to propose a nominee for the Distinguished Business Leader Award. Nominations are now closed for the 2019 recipient. Any submissions will be considered for the 2020 recipient.
The Distinguished Business Leader Award selection committee members are a dynamic mix of business leaders, future leaders, and representatives of both the Haskayne School of Business and the Calgary Chamber of Commerce. The 2018 selection committee includes:
- Michelle Berg, CEO & Leading Lady, Elevated HR
- Lesley Conway, Managing Director, Hopewell Residential Board of Directors
- Sandip Lalli, President and CEO Calgary Chamber
- Jim Dewald, Dean, Haskayne School of Business
- Jim Dinning, Chairman, Russel Metals Inc, Chancellor Emeritus, University of Calgary
- Al Duerr, Founder, CEO & Director, General Magnetic International Inc.
- Alan Norris, President and CEO, Brookfield Residential, Distinguished Business Leader Award recipient (2013)
- Leslie O'Donoghue, Executive Vice President and Chief Strategy and Corporate Development Officer, Nutrien, Distinguished Business Leader Award recipient (2017)
- Sue Riddell Rose, President and CEO, Perpetual Energy, Distinguished Business Leader Award recipient (2012)
- Shahauna Siddiqui, Partner, DHR International
- Mike Tims, Vice Chairman, MATCO Investments Ltd, Distinguished Business Leader Award recipient (2007)