Leadership is a central theme across the core curriculum, from the first course, “The Manager as Strategist”, to applied leadership in the Capstone project course.
The executive speaker series is an opportunity for students to connect in a meaningful way with Canadian business leaders, many of whom are alumni of the Haskayne School of Business. Previous speakers have included:
- Gregg Saretsky, Retired President and CEO, WestJet Airlines
- Anne Merklinger, CEO, Own the Podium
- W. Brett Wilson, Entrepreneur and Philanthropist
- Naheed Nenshi, Mayor, City of Calgary
- Jeff Gustavson, President, Chevron Canada Ltd.
- Bob Sartor, President and CEO, Big Rock Brewery
- Dick Haskayne, former Chairman, TransCanada Pipelines
Executive MBA students have free access to an executive coach whilst in the program to further hone their personal leadership style and support them in successfully balancing the demands of home, life and their MBA.