Refer to the program brochure for detailed outline of the current program.
Program Delivery: Blended
Location: University of Calgary Downtown Campus - Sessions run 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Commitment: 22 sessions (11 days), 2 ALP Mentoring Clinics, 2 Leadership Coaching Clinics, and 2 Capstone Presentation Days (121 hours)
Building Your Case: We have some advice and tips to help you prepare a compelling business case to present to your organization if you need to gain approval for time away from work and also justify the investment. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Professional Development Hours:
144 hours towards CPHR re certification
11 PDUs for Continuing Certification Requirements (CCR) offered by PMI® (subject to PMI® approval)
The Business Essentials program is a developmental journey that focuses on performance outcomes and is purposely designed for maximum impact. In this program, new skills, knowledge and behaviours are learned and applied through intentional integration in the workplace.
In this program you will:
- Learn to think like an executive and reap the benefits of advanced business thinking
- Experience a learning journey that is deliberately designed and spaced over time to allow for absorption of key concepts and implementation of learning back into the workplace
- Complete a work-based project with the guidance of a Haskayne mentor to provide value back to the organization
- Receive one-on-one coaching from a certified leadership coach to develop a pragmatic plan for leadership practice
- Build a business network while learning from business peers from various industries and Haskayne’s most experienced faculty
Business Essentials is also eligible for grant funding to cover 2/3 of program costs.
For more information please contact email@example.com
Complete a work-based project that creates value for your organization.
In Business Essentials, participants develop a greater understanding of their business by completing an Action Learning Project (ALP). The ALP is an opportunity to apply program concepts and tools, a proven technique to ensure learning transfer. Business Essentials alumni have stated that the learning experience has made them more confident, curious and competitive in their careers, many receiving promotions after completing the program. Alumni have achieved the following with their ALPs:
- Developed a new process to reduce mandatory auditing costs by approximately $5M over 5 years
- Identified an additional 20% in annual revenues by identifying a new opportunity in the sales process
- Created a system reduce company risk and control testing costs by 75%
- Identified $500K inventory cost savings through more effective supply chain management
- Accessed $1M incremental revenue opportunity from equipment rental versus sale
- High potential leaders of all levels across the organization
- Experienced leaders/managers seeking to develop skills for new areas of responsibility
- Technical professionals looking to differentiate their skills and advance to corporate leadership
- Entrepreneurs who would like to develop a well-rounded business acumen
- Executives considering an MBA or EMBA in the future
Program investment is $10,250* per participant. Your investment includes the following:
- Program launch and orientation, welcome reception, graduation and celebration reception
- 11 days of program content, all materials and copyrights, virtual learning platform, two leadership diagnostic assessments and micro-learning reflection sessions
- 2 ALP mentoring sessions with a Haskayne faculty mentor
- 2 coaching sessions with a Certified Leadership Coach
- Breakfast, lunch and refreshments/snacks during classroom session days
- Framed certificate of completion from the Haskayne School of Business
Do you and your employer know about the Canada-Alberta Job Grant? This is a funding opportunity for employers to develop their workers to meet the company’s needs. By enroling in the Business Essentials program, your company is eligible to receive grant funding that will cover 2/3 of your program costs (up to a maximum of $10,000 per individual or $300,000 per organization, per year). Grant applications can only be submitted six month prior to program start date. After registering for this program, you will be sent the grant application forms pre-populated with program information. You will then be notified once the time period opens for grant application submission. For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org