Haskayne Evening MBA
The Haskayne MBA program aims to transform Canada’s business landscape by enabling our students to make significant contributions as individuals, and as leaders.
The MBA Program provides you with experiential learning opportunities through collaborative offerings with our Haskayne Centres of Excellence and other targeted offerings.
Case Team Competitions
Case team competitions provide an opportunity for you to apply your MBA knowledge and skills to real-world cases and expand your professional network.
Specifically, case competitions provide opportunities to:
- Increase students’ team-working skills and leadership capacity
- Improve critical and strategic thinking skills
- Enhance negotiation and presentation skills
- Further enhance areas of specific functional expertise, where relevant
- Improve employability by demonstrating application of MBA knowledge and skills
- Network with other MBA students and potential employers
The Haskayne School of Business actively supports student participation in case competitions by providing a faculty coach, providing financial support.
Examples of recent case competitions include:
- The Hult Prize
- Haskayne 24 Hour MBA EPIC Challenge Competition
- MBA Leadership Competition (East Meets West)
- John Molson MBA International Case Competition
Many individuals choose to pursue an MBA to accelerate their career or support a transition in function, industry or location.
Our dedicated team of career advisors provide support in terms of advising services, connections with alumni and potential employers and career development events; services include:
- One-on-one career consultations
- Résumé and cover letter review
- Personal branding
- Job search support
- Case interview workshop and practice interviews
- Industry panels
- Internship opportunities
MBA students also have access to CareerLink which includes a repository of career development resources and links to internship and full-time employment opportunities.
As an MBA student you become part of the Haskayne community and have access to a broad range of opportunities for professional and personal development. In particular, Haskayne hosts a wide range of events, some of which are specifically targeted at MBA students:
- Jarislowsky Fellow in Business Management
- Canadian Centre for Advanced Leadership in Business (“CCAL”)
- Centre for Corporate Sustainability (“CCS”)
- Hunter Centre for Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- Westman Centre for Real Estate Studies
Leadership Development Program
The program offers a series of leadership development workshops, in collaboration with the Canadian Centre for Advanced Leadership in Business. These provide an opportunity for you to further enhance your leadership capabilities and network with other MBA and Executive MBA students. Sessions include:
- Leadership of Self
- Leadership of Teams
- Organizational Leadership
- Leadership in Society
- Building Personal Credibility and Trust
- Building and Leading High Performance Teams
- Political Savvy
- Inclusive Leadership: Embracing Diversity