With an emphasis on transparency and with large windows to allow an abundance of natural light, we are striving to create beautiful and inviting spaces where education is on full display. This space will be a home with spaces for many needs: socializing, quiet focus, eating, wellness and group work.
Sustainable design has been integral throughout the project, which will be constructed to target LEED Platinum certification. From the outset, we designed the building to look to natural environmental influences in order to be among the most energy efficient buildings on campus. Some of the many sustainable features include:
- A high-performance building enclosure that will reduce heat loss and increase energy efficiency
- Mechanical equipment to minimize emissions and energy consumption
- Use of natural light, ventilation and shading to improve occupant comfort
- Low-flow plumbing fixtures to reduce water consumption
- Ability to add solar panels on the rooftop for future energy generation