Submitted by yayoi.moriguchi on Tue, 03/03/2015 - 2:27pm
Applications for Fall 2018 consideration are now open.
If you are a strong candidate with exceptional academic credentials and the drive to excel at scholarly research, we want to hear from you.
See if your qualifications match our entrance requirements, complete a quick assessment form. We will review your assessment, and invite you to apply to the program if you qualify.
We have one in-take per year, in the Fall Semester. The deadline for applications is always January 15th of the same year.
Once the deadline has passed only COMPLETE applications will be reviewed by the PhD Office and faculty members from all areas.
A master’s degree from an accredited institution with a minimum admission grade point average equivalent to 3.5 on a four point scale in the last two years of university work.
In exceptional circumstances, it may be possible to enter the PhD program without a master’s degree; however, conditions apply. Please contact us for information.
A Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) score of at least 650. Typically students admitted to the PhD program score 700 or above. GRE scores at or above the 85% percentile will be accepted in the place of a GMAT.
For international students, a minimum TOEFL score of 97 (iBT) or 580 (written test), or a score of 7.0 on the IELTS. This requirement may be waived in circumstances where the language of instruction for prior degrees was English.
A good supervisory match is critical to your success in the PhD program. All of our professorial faculty are research-active and most supervise doctoral students. You can view our faculty members according to their specializations, research topic or area.
You are encouraged to contact potential supervisors to discuss your qualifications. You do not need to have secured a confirmation of supervision before applying, but it will strengthen your application if a supervisor has already indicated some interest in your research. NOTE: Having an interested Supervisor does not guarantee admission to the program.
Prospective supervisors are not able to assess research proposals or determine admissions alone. You must submit a formal application with the required supporting documentation online, before a prospective supervisor can assess your suitability.
If you are unable to contact a member of academic staff, you can still apply for entrance. We can assist in the search for an appropriate supervisor for you.
If you want to know if you meet our minimum requirements and have a supervisor / area of study in mind, complete our quick assessment form.
If you are interested in the program or have been invited to apply for a spot in the Haskayne PhD program, please complete the following steps:
- Log in to the online application form. If you do not have an eID and password, you’ll need to create one.
- The following must be uploaded to your on-line application:
- Current CV
- Statement of career and learning goals
- Official copies of all transcripts, translated to English if needed.
- Copies of degree certificates
- Official copies of GMAT/GRE, TOEFL and IELTS score
- Two letters of recommendation with at least one from an individual(s) who is familiar with your past academic performance. References must be accompanied with the reference letter request form. Your referees will be sent an email with a link to your application where they must upload their information directly to your application.
All official documents must be submitted directly from the issuing institution to:
Lesley DiMarzo, Graduate Program Officer
Haskayne School of Business, University of Calgary
SH427 Scurfield Hall, 2500 University Drive NW
Calgary, AB, T2N 1N4
- Pay the application fee - $125.00 for Canadian applicants or $145 for international applicants. Application fees are non-refundable.
- Deadline for Fall 2018 intake is January 15th, 2018. Only complete applications will be included in the review process.