Submitted by yayoi.moriguchi on Thu, 06/02/2016 - 2:40pm
The Haskayne School of Business is closely linked to the global resource-based industries headquartered in western Canada and has played a pioneering role in integrating the management of environmental and social issues into curriculum. It is home to major research centres devoted to educating leaders and advancing business practices in leadership, entrepreneurship and innovation, real estate and energy.
- We will be an internationally recognized centre of excellence for graduate and undergraduate business education, research, and community engagement. We will emphasize those distinct elements that define Calgary and Alberta: ethical leadership, entrepreneurship, and energy.
- To create an open, mutually accountable community of students, faculty, staff, alumni, and community stakeholders, through which we will nurture a spirit of pride, tradition, and shared values. We will embrace a service-oriented culture and provide the best possible experience for our students and stakeholders.
- To provide innovative programs and rich experiential, research-based learning opportunities, so that our students learn teamwork, problem-solving, critical-thinking, effective communication, and a spirit of community service. In this way we all contribute value to our organizations and society at large.
- To create knowledge through basic and applied research in business disciplines and related fields, when possible capitalizing on the natural advantages of our location.
- To deepen our connection to Calgary through community engagement and partnership, leveraging our location in one of the most entrepreneurial and philanthropic cities in the world.
Read our Strategic Plan and see how our Energize campaign will help us achieve our goals.