Our general technology or “Prime” stream includes startups in an array of industries with deep-science and technology innovations. The Prime stream is industry agnostic, with startups tackling problems in healthcare, business processes, finance, chemicals, advanced materials, media, transportation, and agriculture sectors, among others. Technologies in the Prime stream include advanced engineering, electronics, blockchain, nanotech, neuroscience, and general IT applications.
Our Energy Stream operates from the epicenter of the energy industry in Canada and brings together experienced entrepreneurs and investors, and scientists active in the energy sector. The Energy cohort focuses on emerging technologies in oil & gas, cleantech and power.
Benefits to Ventures
The CDL provides ventures access to top entrepreneurs, angel investors, and technology gurus.
- Fellows: a group of highly accomplished entrepreneurs.
- Associates: angel investors who work alongside the G7 Fellows mentor CDL ventures.
- Chief Scientists and Economists: leading researchers and field experts who provide ventures with technical feedback and guidance.
- MBA Students: top graduate students from the Haskayne School of Business who support ventures in business development, market research, financial modeling, and scaling strategies.
- Corporate Partners: Prominent firms that provide ventures with legal, financial, and management advice/services, connections to first customers and co-development opportunities.
The CDL works with startups that employ innovations in technology and business models that promise a chance of delivering massive improvements to economic productivity and human welfare. Have a look at the CDL Alumni companies.