What is Team Hunter?
Team Hunter is a volunteer group comprised of entrepreneurs, early-stage investors and industry experts who have a passion for supporting student-led entrepreneurial activity. Team Hunter members act as advisors, pitch coaches and judges to encourage Entrepreneurial Thinking in the classroom and over 3,000 students have benefited to date. The program is led by the Hunter Centre for Entrepreneurship and Innovation from the Haskayne School of Business. Since launching in 2014, Team Hunter has grown to over 300 active volunteers who provide advising for several Haskayne Entrepreneurship and Innovation (ENTI) undergraduate and graduate courses for both business and non-business students.
Who would make a great Team Hunter member?
We are seeking individuals who have the following qualities:
- Possess entrepreneurial experience or a passion for entrepreneurship.
- Love the idea of working with students in experiential class-based activities at the University of Calgary.
- Have a creative and entrepreneurial mindset to help students assess the validity of their business ideas.
- Have a background in business or are familiar with entrepreneurial approaches (e.g. value propositions, business models, market research, or pitching, etc.).
- Are passionate about supporting the development of well-rounded, well-educated Haskayne students.
What are the benefits of joining Team Hunter?
- Share your knowledge and experience to help students succeed personally and professionally.
- Connect with other Team Hunter members from the entrepreneurial ecosystem in Calgary during in-class activities and online in our Team Hunter LinkedIn group.
- Aid in shaping a new generation of entrepreneurial thinkers and business leaders who can help to diversify the Alberta economy.
What is the time commitment?
We ask that our Team Hunter members join us a minimum of twice per academic year between September and April. Each session is a three-hour commitment located at the University of Calgary's main campus. You will be added to our mailing list and you will have a chance to sign up based on your availability.
Interested in joining Team Hunter?
Would you like to shape the future of our startup landscape in Calgary? Are you ‘all in’ to support young entrepreneurs and their ideas? We hope so – and note that in doing so you are making a difference on our campus.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in becoming a Team Hunter volunteer and a Hunter Centre staff member will be in touch with you to discuss the details of what it means to be part of Team Hunter.
Entrepreneurship is so much about innovation and it’s remarkable that the Hunter Centre is able to foster this. Whether you become an entrepreneur yourself or you work for a company — that entrepreneur mindset is something that can and should be applied to every sector. I believe there is a place for everyone in the entrepreneurial world.
Lourdes Juan, BGS’05, MEDes’10
Director at Hive Developments, Founder of Leftovers Foundation