Alexander Whalley, PropTech Fellow
Professor Whalley's research interests are in urban economics, labour economics, innovation and productivity. His work has been published in the Journal of Political Economy, Review of Economics and Statistics, American Economic Journal - Economic Policy, and the Journal of Public Economics, among other outlets. Professor Whalley teaches courses in economics and real estate.
Professor Whalley is teaching a real estate course for undergraduate and graduate students in Fall 2023 Block Week. Enrol in REAL 559/668 through your MyUCalgary account or contact an academic advisor.
Our latest PropTech event
On June 9, the Westman centre collaborated with industry leaders to identify how PropTech can advance business objectives in the area of property management, producing tangible benefits for property managers while elevating the tenant experience.
- Goodbrand, P. Holloway, T. (2019 Oct. 16). Spruceland Properties Inc.: Social Enterprise through Real Estate Development (Case Nr.9B19M100). London, ON, Canada, Ivey Publishing.
- Goodbrand P, Lalli S, Brazell C. (2018 Oct. 15). Keystone Excavating Limited: Preserving a Legacy (Case Nr. 9B18M158). London, ON, Canada, Ivey Publishing.
- Goodbrand, P., Gondek, J., Brazell, C. (2018, May 8). Knightsbridge Custom Homebuilders Ltd.: Commitment to Core Values (Case Nr. 9B18M083). London, ON, Canada. Ivey Publishing.
- Goodbrand P, Ambrose D, Gondek J. (2018 Mar. 14). City of Calgary: Financing Infrastructure. (Case Nr. 9B18M041). London, ON, Canada, Ivey Publishing.
Urban Issues and Real Estate
- Post-Secondary on the Prairies - Planning Implications of the Emergence of the City Centre Satellite Campus
- Unauthorized secondary Suites and Renters: A Life Course Perspective
- Relatives or Rentals? Secondary Suites through a Multigenerational Family Lens
- Social Adventures in Secondary Units
- On the Role and Future of Calgary's Community Associations
Housing Affordability Collaborative Research Program
- Housing Affordability and Market Based Solutions: Summary of February 2016 Cross-sectoral Workshops
- Collaborative Research Project Planning Workshop and Project Summary
The Westman Centre is proud to have supported Dr. Sasha Tsenkova at the University of Calgary’s School of Architecture, Planning and Landscape, and her Partnership for Affordable Housing International Conference that was held in Calgary in November 2018. The conference proceedings, public forum and conference presentations are available here.
The Westman Centre also supported Dr. Tsenkova's event on “Affordable Housing & Design Innovation”, “Housing & Inclusive Cities”, and “The Future of Affordable Housing” in October 2019.