The Westman Centre for Real Estate Studies works collaboratively with industry leaders and faculty from business and beyond to advance thought leadership for the real estate industry.
- Goodbrand, P. Holloway, T. (2019 Oct. 16). Spruceland Properties Inc.: Social Enterprise through Real Estate Development (Case Nr.9B19M100). London, ON, Canada, Ivey Publishing.
- Goodbrand P, Lalli S, Brazell C. (2018 Oct. 15). Keystone Excavating Limited: Preserving a Legacy (Case Nr. 9B18M158). London, ON, Canada, Ivey Publishing.
- Goodbrand, P., Gondek, J., Brazell, C. (2018, May 8). Knightsbridge Custom Homebuilders Ltd.: Commitment to Core Values (Case Nr. 9B18M083). London, ON, Canada. Ivey Publishing.
- Goodbrand P, Ambrose D, Gondek J. (2018 Mar. 14). City of Calgary: Financing Infrastructure. (Case Nr. 9B18M041). London, ON, Canada, Ivey Publishing.
Urban Issues and Real Estate
- Post-Secondary on the Prairies - Planning Implications of the Emergence of the City Centre Satellite Campus
- Unauthorized secondary Suites and Renters: A Life Course Perspective
- Relatives or Rentals? Secondary Suites through a Multigenerational Family Lens
- Social Adventures in Secondary Units
- On the Role and Future of Calgary's Community Associations
Housing Affordability Collaborative Research Program
- Housing Affordability and Market Based Solutions: Summary of February 2016 Cross-sectoral Workshops
- Collaborative Research Project Planning Workshop and Project Summary
The Westman Centre is also proud to support to Dr. Sasha Tsenkova at the University of Calgary’s School of Architecture, Planning and Landscape, and her Partnership for Affordable Housing International Conference that was held in Calgary in November 2018. The conference proceedings, public forum and conference presentations are available here.
The Westman Centre also supported Dr. Tsenkova's event on “Affordable Housing & Design Innovation”, “Housing & Inclusive Cities”, and “The Future of Affordable Housing” in October 2019.
Without open, trusted and transparent collaboration between industry and academia, our economy will not be able to meet its potential. It is on us as business leaders to stay vested and committed to continuous learning.
Dr. Sandip Lalli
President and CEO, Calgary Chamber of Commerce