International Business Strategy (IBST)
International Business Strategy prepares students with the cultural, political, economic, and linguistic background required to work effectively in the variety of environments encountered by the international businessperson. International courses can serve as preparation for a career in international business or as a basis for further education in fields such as international law.
Courses offered include an introduction to international business as well as specialized international courses in functional areas such as marketing and finance. Geographically focused courses, which concentrate on specific regions (such as the USA or Japan) are also offered. Courses are often taught by visiting faculty from the regions.
Students declaring a Concentration must take a required six courses. Please refer to the University of Calgary Calendar for a description of these courses and their prerequisites.
Airline Route Planning and Marketing
- analyze consumer demand, market conditions, airline capability, cost parameters and scheduling opportunities
- prepare detailed route studies to demonstrate market potential
- present new strategic route initiatives
- drive sales, growth and profitability in international markets
- develop customer and supplier relations
- analyze and produce income statements
International Trade Lawyer (with law degree)
work with international and local authorities to defend their rights under international law
Manager, International Operations
- build and expand international customer base
- negotiate and execute representative agreements
- oversee international sales and operations
- Administrative Associate
- Business Development Manager
- Business Information Representative
- Conference Manager
- Coordinator of International Relations
- Customer Service Representative
- English Teacher (JET)
- Field Marketer
- International Internship
- Junior Accountant
- Location Manager
- Management Trainee (retail)
- Research Assistant
International Business Student Association (IBSA)
IBSA strives to advocate an international perspective at the Haskayne School of Business. Students planning an exchange are encouraged to contact IBSA. Through IBSA’s Buddy Program, local students can meet international students at various social events.