In the BComm Honours program students gain practical research knowledge in their chosen area of interest, aiding the transition into their future career and studies. Developed for exceptionally motivated students, this challenging program will require strong dedication and commitment. The program focuses on developing strong transferable skills like critical thinking, communication, analysis, and decision making. Students who are keen to set themselves apart, including through the pursuit of graduate education, are strongly encouraged to consider applying to the program.
The BComm Honours Program has allowed me the opportunity expand my network within Haskayne and in industry. In addition to the vast knowledge and experiences I gained during the classroom portion of the program, completing my capstone project alongside one of the University’s respected professors effectively optimized my critical thinking skills.
The Honours Program offered a rigorous yet rewarding academic pathway that equipped me with skills and experience not found in typical classrooms. Having the opportunity to work directly with professors on a real-world project allowed me to tangibly impact Haskayne and the broader business community through the program.
- By the end of Winter Semester prior to Fall admission term, you must have successfully completed the six prescribed courses: ENTI 317, MGST 217, MGST 391, SGMA 217, STAT 213, STAT 217
- GPA of 3.30 or higher (on the six prescribed courses above and on your Honours admission GPA)
- Change of Program Application (via your Student Service Center)
- Interview (online or in-person)
- Two letters of reference
- Letter of intent
For more information on the program, please contact the Haskayne Undergraduate Advising Office.
*Please note, admission into the Honours program is highly competitive and a limited number of students will be admitted each year.
Former Honours students have gone on to accomplish the following:
- Publish Ivey case studies and in business law related publications
- Become Law, Ph.D. and Master's students
- A variety of careers including CPA, Business Analytics, and Analyst
The Honour program has pushed me to become a better version of myself every single day. When looking back to where I started at the beginning of MGST 301, I am incredibly proud of the growth I have seen in my writing and critical thinking skills.
The Bcomm Honours Program has been intellectually challenging and rewarding. The program provided me with opportunities to discuss and critically analyze research with some of the top minds at the Haskayne School of Business.