Apply to the Master of Management program today. This program represents an exceptional opportunity to acquire the business knowledge needed to elevate your specialized skills and differentiate you in the job market.
If you have any questions or concerns around how your application will be evaluated please contact us.
Applicants for the Haskayne Master of Management program are evaluated based on thoughtful consideration as to how the program will help them achieve their professional goals.
The admissions committee therefore considers a wide range of factors in its admission decisions and views each applicant from a holistic perspective.
To be considered for admission to the Haskayne Master of Management program, an application should fulfill the following criteria:
- Completion of a four-year non-business bachelor’s degree
- A minimum grade point average of 3.30 over the last 20 university level courses at the time of application (Graduate Management Admission Test or GMAT not required)
- Students with a 2.70 to 3.29 may be admitted based on presenting an acceptable GMAT score. Please consult the Haskayne Master of Management Admissions team about the required Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) score required.
- No more than two years’ professional work experience since the completion of an undergraduate degree
- Submission of answers to two short essay questions
For information on international GPA equivalents, visit the Faculty of Graduate Studies.
Applicants for whom English is not a first language must also achieve either:
- A score of 97 or higher on the internet version of the TOEFL; OR
- A score of 7.0 or higher on the academic version of the IELTS.
Applications for the Haskayne Master of Management program are considered on a rolling basis. You are therefore encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
The application deadlines are as follows:
- Round 1: November 15 (decision by December 15) - final round for International applicants
- Round 2: January 15 (decision by February 5)
- Round 3: March 1 (decision by March 30) - final round for Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents
How to Apply
The University of Calgary uses an online application system to process applications.
Applying to the Haskayne Master of Management program involves five steps.
To assist you with your planning please note that the most time-consuming steps of the application are typically: GMAT preparation (if required); and receipt of official transcripts (particularly from international institutions)
Step 1 - Request an e ID and register for a UCID
Follow the instructions as per the link below to secure an eID and UCID:
If you previously studied at the University of Calgary you do not need to create a new UCID; the application system will allow you to retrieve your UCID if you have forgotten it.
If you have a staff UCID you will need to register for a student UCID to be eligible for student offers and discounts.
Step 3 - Pay application fee
To process your application, a non-refundable application fee is required. The application fee can be paid via cheque, money order or credit card.
The application fee is $125 for Canadian citizens and permanent residents and $145 for international applicants.
Step 4 - Request official transcripts
Official transcripts are required from all post-secondary institutions attended. Transcripts should be sent directly from the registrar of that institution to the Haskayne School of Business. Official transcripts will be sealed in an envelope with the institution’s official seal.
If the transcripts are in a language other than English official translated copies are also required.
Haskayne School of Business
2500 University Drive NW
Calgary AB T2N 1N4
Step 5 - Send other supporting documents
Please provide copies of the following and any other documentation requested by the admissions committee:
GMAT official score report (if required)
TOEFL / IELTS official score report (if required)