Looking to hire Haskayne students and to increase your organization's visibility on campus? The Haskayne Career Development Centre works closely with our industry partners to connect you with the right students, from fresh Bachelor of Commerce students to multi-disciplinary Master of Management students to experienced MBA and Executive MBA students.
Co-operative Education Program
Hire a Haskayne Bachelor of Commerce Co-op student for a four or eight-month, paid work term. Eligible students have completed a minimum of two years of undergraduate academic study and are available to start in January, May, or September. Haskayne Co-op students will readily contribute their analytical skills to all areas of business.
Participating in the Co-operative education program is a cost-effective solution for short-term projects and business cycle peaks. Co-op students complete a competitive application process in order to be admitted into the program.
Hiring Co-op is an opportunity for your organization to develop a long-term sustainable recruitment strategy by providing you with the ability to fill full-time roles with past students who are familiar with your business.
The Co-op position offered by your organization must provide the student with productive paid work that will help them build on their skills learned in school.
Co-op roles must:
- Offer productive, business-related work to help students build on the skills learned in school
- Be in an office environment with a minimum of four co-workers
- Have a supervisor to provide the Co-op student with guidance and mentorship
- Coincide with the academic terms
- Be a minimum of 13 weeks of full-time employment
- Be paid positions
- Must be with an established business (no start-ups)
In order to ensure our students have the best learning experience possible, key goals and performance expectations should be discussed at the beginning of the work term. Throughout the Co-op placement, please provide your student with ongoing feedback, mentorship, and complete a final performance evaluation.
Students, as a part of their work term requirements, need to complete a set of learning objectives, a mid-term self assessment (reviewed at the on-site visit), and a final project. Supervisors are encouraged to provide on-going feedback to the Co-op student.
In order to participate in the Co-operative education program as an employer, your Co-op position must be approved by the Haskayne Career Centre. Once approved, your position will be posted to the Haskayne School of Business Elevate Co-op job board at no cost.
To begin the approval process please e-mail email@example.com.
Master of Management internships
The Haskayne Master of Management (MMgmt) degree is a ten-month, graduate program designed for students with a multi-disciplinary educational backgrounds such as Sciences, Arts, Engineering, Nursing, Kinesiology and more. These students are capable of analyzing, designing, and creating solutions to the most challenging business problems. Discover what their integrative approach can do for your organization. Hire a MMgmt student for a 12-week internship (May to August).
Master of Management students can bring the following skills and experience:
- Financial & Managerial Accounting Concepts - preparation and use of financial statements
- Strategic Marketing - traditional and emerging strategies
- Consumer Insights - measurement, testing, and interpretation of consumer responses
- Operations and Supply Chain Integration
- Managerial Decision Analytics - analytical tools and techniques for business decisions
- Strategic Analysis - tools and principles of strategy formulation and competitive analysis
- Technical Skills - Excel, Power BI, Tableau, Coding
- Business Communications - presentation of business cases and managing stakeholder expectations
- Human Resources - hiring practices, HR strategy
- International Business - strategic challenges of operating in a global environment
- IT for Value Innovation - IT strategy and business opportunities
- Entrepreneurial Thinking and Innovation in Organizations
Internships are four months and must take place between May to August with a minimum of 420 working hours and 12 weeks duration.
To learn about the program, funding sources, and promote your role, contact:
Gillian Robertson | Graduate Career & Engagement Consultant | Haskayne School of Business | firstname.lastname@example.org
MBA Internship Program
Hire Haskayne MBA interns for a four-month, summer, work term. Eligible students have completed a preparatory program and are available to start in May. Drawing on their previous work experience and business acumen, Haskayne MBA students can contribute to your organization though a variety of initiatives.
- Contribute innovative perspectives to current projects and tasks
- Cost-effective assistance on special projects or tasks
- Ability to assess organizational fit for future full-time roles
Our MBA students are equipped with several years of work experience and possess a strong foundation in core business fundamentals. Previous projects our MBA interns have worked on include:
- Market analysis
- Financial modelling
- Workforce planning
- Planning/strategy development
- Project feasibility studies
Please contact the Haskayne Career Centre email@example.com
Mitacs Business Strategy Internship (MBSI) program
The Haskayne School of Business has partnered with Mitacs to launch the Mitacs Business Strategy Internship (MBSI) program. These internships offer students an opportunity to contribute to an innovation-based project at your organization. Partnering organizations and Mitacs will share the cost of hiring the student.
The Haskayne job board lets you reach potential BComm, MBA, MMgmt students and/or alumni by program concentration or specialization. Full-time, part-time, summer, and Co-op positions can all be advertised through our job board at no cost to you.
Practice Interview Program
Help our students hone their interview skills as they prepare for future job interviews. Practice interviews are a great opportunity for your organization to tap into future talent. The practice interview program runs twice a year in September and January.
For certain recruitment events, the Haskayne Career Development Centre produces résumé books that help to identify Haskayne talent that matches your organization’s needs. A custom search of students’ résumé is conducted and compiled into a specially made résumé book at no charge. Résumé books are accessible via your employer Elevate account. For more information please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.