This course will solidify your understanding of the history of condominium management and the competencies and skills required of condominium manager associates in Alberta. The self-paced learning format is complete with knowledge checks to test your retention and understanding of the condensed content that will be assessed on the Condominium Management Licensing Exam. Each of the nine units cover in-depth topics that adhere to the competencies and learning outcomes set by RECA.
Once enrolled, learners will have 6 months to complete the course at their own pace.
The Fundamentals of Condominium Management (FCM) is your first step to prepare for RECA’s Condominium Management Associate Licensing Exam. Each of the nine units builds a strong foundation of knowledge for the next course Practice of Condominium Management (PCM), where you will apply what you learned.
Together, completion of FCM and PCM meets the pre-licensing education requirements to take the Condominium Management Associate Licensing Exam with RECA.
If you have experience in the condominium management industry or have questions about the RECA licensing process, visit https://www.reca.ca/licensees-learners/licensing-renewals/getting-licensed/
Learners can advance at their own pace; however, they can expect to invest at least 3 hours per week reviewing content and completing knowledge checks.
Proposed learning schedule: Please click here to view.
- Benefit from flexible, self-paced modules that integrate comprehensive written content with real-life case studies based on RECA-defined learning outcomes and condominium manager associate competencies
- Maintain access to digital course materials for up to one year for continuous reference while employed as a licensed industry professional
- Engage with a network of co-learners, companies, partners, and fellow Haskayne School of Business alumni across the Alberta real estate community
- Build upon course learning through a variety of exclusive industry and academic engagement events through the Westman Centre
- Learn about employment opportunities in Alberta real estate through the Westman Centre network
The course provides a full list of learning outcomes that correlate to the essential competencies that RECA has defined for Condominium Manager Associates:
COMPETENCY DOMAIN: 1. Professional Relationships and Conduct
- Fulfill professional duties and responsibilities
- Comply with applicable laws and regulations
- Integrate professional obligations into practice
- Demonstrate commitment to continuous improvement
- Manage time, priorities, and work quality
COMPETENCY DOMAIN: 1. Communication and Collaboration
- Communicate effectively
- Advise board
- Use communication and information technology
- Establish meaningful relationships
- Negotiate with integrity
COMPETENCY DOMAIN: 3. Administrative and Management
- Manage documents and contracts
- Perform financial planning and reporting
- Operate property within financial guidelines
- Understand the foundations of building operations
- Operate a physical building
- Mitigate risk
Individuals looking to complete Real Estate Council of Alberta’s (RECA) pre-licensing requirements to license as a condominium manager associate.
- Achieve competencies outlined by RECA for Condominium Manager Associates
- Establish strong foundation of essential knowledge to apply in the second Practice of Condominium Management (PCM) course required to write licensing exam
- Build your network in the condominium management industry in Alberta and learn about employment opportunities in Alberta real estate through the Westman Centre network
- Attain a certificate of course completion from REDI Canada and Haskayne School of Business the highest-respected business school among the Alberta real estate industry