The first program of its kind in Alberta, the Haskayne Master of Management (MMgmt) provides recent graduates of non-business programs with essential business skills and knowledge through 10 months of intensive, full-time study.
Upon graduation, you will possess an interdisciplinary skillset that will set you apart in the job market and help launch your career. Through the Haskayne Master of Management, you will:
- Develop comprehensive knowledge of business essentials in subjects like business technologies, accounting, finance, marketing, strategy and entrepreneurial thinking
- Have exciting opportunities to make connections with the Calgary business community
- Refine your interpersonal skills and hone your ability to work in an interdisciplinary team
- Receive dedicated career coaching to help define your career goals, establish your personal brand and facilitate experiential learning opportunities with industry professionals
- Grow your skills through networking events, live case studies, mentorship and more
Is the Master of Management right for you?
The MMgmt program is designed specifically for recent graduates of non-business degrees who have less than two years of work experience. The Haskayne Master of Management might be right for you if you are wanting to:
- Launch a career in your undergraduate field of interest
- Explore career paths in new areas of interest
- Stand out to employers
- Start your own business
Master of Management versus MBA
|Haskayne MMgmt||Haskayne MBA|
|Who the program is designed for||Recent graduates with non-business degrees||Mid-career professionals|
|Work experience||0 to 2 years||2 to 10+ years|
|Program length||10 months||12 to 32 months|
|Specialization path||N/A||8 specializations|
|Number of courses||18 core and 2 electives||14 core and 6 electives|
|GPA||3.3/4.0 minimum||3.0/4.0 minimum|
|GMAT||May be Required*||Yes|
|Education**||4-year non-business degree||4-year degree|
|If English is not a first language||TOEFL – 97 minimum / IELTS – 7 minimum||TOEFL – 97 minimum / IELTS – 7 minimum|
* If your GPA is above a 3.3 in the last 20 courses of your degree you will not require the GMAT. Applicants with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 to 3.29 may be required to write the GMAT. Please consult the Haskayne Master of Management Admissions team to determine if the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) is required. Students with a cumulative GPA of 2.70 to 2.99 may be admitted based on presenting an acceptable GMAT score. Please consult the Haskayne Master of Management Admissions team about the required Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) score required.
** from an accredited university
The Haskayne Master of Management helped Rachel launch her career
The Master of Management is an interdisciplinary program that brings together students from a variety of non-business backgrounds, such as arts, science, kinesiology, engineering and more. Through this intensive 10-month program, you will gain business skills and connections, form strong bonds with your cohort and gain the confidence to pursue a successful career. Hear what our alumni and current students have to say about their experience.