Academic Development Specialist (ADS)
Current Students - Undergraduate
The Student Success Centre and the Haskayne School of Business are now offering holistic academic support through the Academic Development Specialist (ADS), aimed at fostering a culture of success that enables you to realize your full potential.
When should you contact the Haskayne ADS?
- When you are seeking to become a better learner, regardless of current academic standing
- When you are enrolled in the Academic Turnaround Program
- When you are unsatisfied with your academic performances
The Haskayne ADS can assist you in the following ways:
- Developing meaningful educational goals and academic plans to support your goals
- Provide liaising and referral between you and various UCalgary offices (support programs and services)
- Design and implement targeted “intrusive” advising programs to support your success (addressing academic concerns)
- Formulating and developing your academic skills (time management, reading and note taking, exam preparation, study skills, etc.)
- Guide you to successful degree completion
The ADS can help you navigate university life, while developing the learning and self-management strategies crucial for having a successful and fulfilling post-secondary experience.
While the ADS can provide you with tailored sessions on academic planning and learning, the Haskayne Program Specialists can provide you with:
- Graduation and degree requirements
- Program selection and change of program
- Admission and registration
- Course selection and prerequisites
- GPA and academic standing
- Academic Requirements
- Transfer credits and courses
- Academic appeals and academic standing