Haskayne’s program advisors will provide you with accurate information regarding your degree program, policies and procedures and university resources. It is recommended to visit a program advisor at least once a semester to ensure you are on track with completing your degree requirements.
Please arrange to see a Program Specialist for advising at least once a year for accurate information regarding the HSB degree program, policy and referrals to university resources.
Program advising tips:
- Book an appointment online through success.ucalgary.ca or come in during our afternoon drop-in hours. You do not need to be a Haskayne School of Business student in order to book an appointment.
- Come to your appointment with questions prepared and written down and arrive promptly in order to make the most of your advising time.
- Bring your Unicard or government issued photo ID, program specialists will need to confirm your identity at the beginning of your appointment.
- Take notes during your appointment.
- Cancel your appointment if you cannot make it.
- Appointments can be cancelled via phone, email, or online through the Student Success Centre. If you fail to cancel your appointment, your absence will be recorded as a ‘no show’, which will restrict you from online booking in the future.
- Student traffic is high during registration times in September and March. Visit us early to avoid the rush.
- Don’t be afraid to ask questions, we’re here to help!
- 4 Junior courses (12 units) can be allotted to Junior Option classes.
- Prerequisite courses exist to ensure students have the correct knowledge base for courses that follow, they cannot be waived. Visit the University of Calgary Course Calendar to view prerequisite courses and plan accordingly.
- Remember that pre-commerce and pre-requisite courses require a grade of C- or higher
- Students must achieve a minimum grade of C in the required core courses which are pre-requisites for their concentration.
- If appointments are full, remember that drop-in advising is offered during afternoons and all day during high traffic periods.
- Admission requirements to the Haskayne School of Business undergraduate programs
- Academic Rules and permissions
- Course selection
- Degree planning
- Program changes
- Letter of Permission
- Graduation and degree requirements
- Change of program
- GPA and academic standing
- Dual Degrees
- Academic Withdrawal rules
- Graduation checks and verification letters
- Referrals to other offices
- Admission into MBA program and graduate schools
- Admission into professional programs (dentistry, pharmacy, medicine, optometry etc)
- Completing registration or building schedules on student’s behalf
- Overloading into full classes
- Career advising