Study with the only Alberta university providing RECA-recognized pre-licensing courses
Practice of Condominium Management is the final course required to refine skills, advance understanding of the industry and prepare you for the RECA license exam.
Program delivery format: Online, self-directed modules
- 80-140 hours based on learners’ existing knowledge, experience in the industry, and active engagement with learner supports
- Learners have a maximum of 6 months to complete the self-paced course (expect to spend at least 5 hours per week working through the 15 course units).
Investment: $899 per participant
This investment includes:
- Fifteen online units
- Access to self-paced, digital course content, case studies, and knowledge checks (for up to one year) based on RECA-defined learning outcomes and condominium manager associate competencies
- Interactive support from industry partners and subject matter experts
- Timely assistance for any technical or program coordination questions
- Certificate of completion from the Haskayne School of Business and REDI Canada
Real Estate is an exciting career with unlimited potential. Like a real estate development project, great real estate careers are built on a solid foundation. The Haskayne School of Business provides pre-licensing preparation courses to give learners the best possible foundation to not only pass their RECA real estate license exam, but also thrive as active industry participants throughout their career.
The Real Estate Licensing courses provides learners unparalleled access to the Westman Centre for Real Estate Studies at Haskayne. Participants will benefit from courses led by top industry practitioners, real-life case studies from subject matter experts, and a connection to the network of industry members, companies and largest employers in real estate. The Practice of Condominium Management is the final course required to refine skills, advance understanding of the industry and prepare learners for the license exam.
This course will solidify your understanding of the history, required competencies, and skills required of condominium manager associates by the Real Estate Council of Alberta (RECA). The Practice of Condominium Management builds upon the learning from the Fundamentals of Condominium Management. Together, these courses make up the pre-licensing education requirements to license and register as a condominium manager associate in Alberta. As an exam prep course, this course condenses the content included on the Condominium Management Associate Licensing Exam into a self-directed learning format complete with knowledge checks to test your retention and understanding. Each of the fifteen units will cover in-depth topics that meet the competencies required for pre-licensing education set by RECA. Once enrolled, learners will have 6 months to complete the course at their own pace.
Learners can advance at their own pace; however, they can expect to invest at least 5 hours per week reviewing content and completing knowledge checks.
Proposed learning schedule: click here
The Practice of Condominium Management (PCM) is the last step to prepare for RECA’s Condominium Management Associate Licensing Exam. Each of the fifteen units builds on and applies the foundational knowledge learned in the preceding Fundamentals of Condominium Management (FCM).
Together, completion of FCM and PCM meets the pre-licensing education requirements to take the Condominium Management Associate Licensing Exam with RECA.
If you have experience in the condominium management industry or have questions about the RECA licensing process, visit https://www.reca.ca/licensees-learners/licensing-renewals/getting-licensed/
The course outline provides a full list of learning outcomes that correlate to the essential competencies that RECA has defined for Condominium Manager Associates:
- COMPETENCY DOMAIN: 1. Professional Relationships and Conduct
- Fulfill professional duties and responsibilities
- Comply with applicable laws and regulations
- Integrate professional obligations into practice
- Demonstrate commitment to continuous improvement
- Manage time, priorities, and work quality
- COMPETENCY DOMAIN: 1. Communication and Collaboration
- Communicate effectively
- Advise board
- Use communication and information technology
- Establish meaningful relationships
- Negotiate with integrity
- COMPETENCY DOMAIN: 3. Administrative and Management
- Manage documents and contracts
- Perform financial planning and reporting
- Operate property within financial guidelines
- Understand the foundations of building operations
- Operate a physical building
- Mitigate risk
Individuals looking to complete Real Estate Council of Alberta’s (RECA) pre-licensing requirements to license as a condominium manager associate.
- Benefit from flexible, self-paced modules that integrate comprehensive written content with real-life case studies based on RECA-defined learning outcomes and condominium manager associate competencies
- Maintain access to digital course materials for up to one year for continuous reference while employed as a licensed industry professional
- Engage with a network of co-learners, companies, partners, and fellow Haskayne School of Business alumni across the Alberta real estate community
- Build upon course learning through a variety of exclusive industry and academic engagement events through the Westman Centre
- Learn about employment opportunities in Alberta real estate through the Westman Centre network
- Achieve competencies outlined by RECA for Condominium Manager Associates.
- Strengthen foundation of essential knowledge from Fundamentals level by applying learning to case studies and activities
- Build your network in the condominium management industry in Alberta and learn about employment opportunities in Alberta real estate through the Westman Centre network
- Attain a certificate of course completion from REDI Canada and Haskayne School of Business the highest-respected business school among the Alberta real estate industry
These courses are developed in partnership by the Westman Centre for Real Estate Studies and the Real Estate Development Institute (REDI) and are delivered by Haskayne Executive Education.
For more information on the course offerings, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org