Exclusive to Haskayne students, VMock is an online résumé review tool that will help you create a powerful résumé and accelerate your career development journey. Used by leading business schools, Haskayne is one of the first Canadian schools to adopt VMock’s innovative platform.
VMock leverages technologies like data-science, machine learning, and natural language processing to provide instant, personalized feedback on your résumé based on criteria gathered from top employers and global best practices.
Once you upload your résumé, VMock will:
- Give you an aggregate résumé score to assess the strength of your résumé, benchmarked against your peers
- Provide you with résumé guidelines to ensure you establish a great first impression with employers
- Assess how well you marketed your core competencies to showcase the right skills to reflect your academics, experience, and achievements
- Give you line-by-line suggestions to improve your résumé content relative to your level of experience
VMock is designed to work with résumés across various industries. After you receive your detailed feedback, make the relevant changes to your résumé and re-upload it to see the increased score and associated improvements. Bring your new and improved résumé to the Haskayne Career Development Centre and meet with a career development specialist to receive additional career support.
To get started:
- Sign up on vmock.com/haskayne
- Upload your résumé in PDF format
- Get instant feedback
- Incorporate the feedback and upload your résumé again to create an improved version
- Challenge yourself to get a high résumé score
- Bring your new and improved résumé to the Haskayne Career Development Centre for additional career support
- Upload your document in PDF format
- For the best user experience, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox browsers are recommended
- Haskayne students are allowed up to 10 résumé uploads on VMock each academic year
- To protect your privacy, use placeholder values for your name, address, phone number and email address when uploading your résumé to VMock