Schedule: January - March 2020
- Workshop One: 4 February, 2020
- Coaching Clinic One: 18 February, 2020
- Workshop Two: 3 March, 2020
- Coaching Clinic Two: 17 March, 2020
The detailed schedule is in the program brochure.
Program Delivery: Blended
Location: University of Calgary, Downtown Campus
Commitment: 24-26 hours
Professional Development Hours: Pre-approved by CPHR Alberta for 25 CPD hours
Successfully navigating modern business challenges requires individuals to work together to achieve extraordinary solutions that simply cannot be accomplished by working alone. In the current state of increasing market competition and complexity, skill in creating and leading effective teams is more essential than ever before.
Effective teamwork creates extraordinary power which is necessary to overcome modern business challenges and also creates a more fun and meaningful work environment for your people. In this cutting edge program, you will: gain an understanding of the difference between working groups and teams; learn to cultivate the ‘super power’ of human psychological attachment; discover ways to guide teams through every stage of team development; understand how to work effectively with power and influence; and learn to apply simple tools for troubleshooting in five areas that prevent teams from achieving results.
The learning in this blended program also provides the opportunity to take new knowledge into your current workplace through practical application and integration activities. You will also receive individual coaching as you begin to apply your new knowledge to your current (or future) teams.
Unlike any other team building program on the market, this program is designed for maximum impact by incorporating:
- One-on-one coaching from a certified MEd Psychologist to develop a pragmatic plan to implement the relevant concepts, tools and frameworks introduced in the program
- A blended learning journey (both online and in the classroom), deliberately designed and spaced over time to allow for absorption of key concepts and implementation of learning back into your team(s)
Upon completing this program, you will be able to:
- Identify what a team is and when teamwork is the best strategic choice
- Explain the psychology of effective teams and how effective teams make the extraordinary possible
- Build and guide teams through the essential stages of team development
- Identify the effect of social status, power and influence within teams and learn how to effectively navigate these dynamics
- Successfully troubleshoot the areas where team effectiveness can break down
- Implement strategies to keep teams energized, accountable, productive and focused on results
This program is designed for:
- Team leaders and managers in all industries and functions
- Team leads of cross-functional projects
Program Investment is $2,675 per participant and includes the following:
- Virtual program launch and orientation to the online learning platform
- Two online units and two days of face-to-face workshops (classroom)
- Two, 30-minute, one-on-one coaching sessions
- All program materials including copyright and learning activities
- Breakfast, lunch, snacks and refreshments during workshop sessions
- Certificate of completion from the Haskayne School of Business
By registering for this program, your organization could be eligible to receive the Canada Alberta Job Grant which will cover up to 2/3 of the program costs. The funding model for Building Effective Teams is an initial investment of $2,675. The government will reimburse approximately $1,783 of that investment, making the final investment approximately $892. An Executive Education team member will be able to assist with the grant application process. For more information: email@example.com
Willow Brocke, BSW, M.Ed (Psych), RSW, is passionate about the powerful connection between compassion and capacity in people, teams and organizations. She has conducted award-winning research in the area of expanding organizational capacity and has taught and presented widely on use of effective engagement in organizations. Her work has been published and presented in Canada, England, USA, France, Germany, India and China. She loves engaging with learners and watching people discover the power they have to make amazing things happen.