What is Haskayne Executive Education?
Haskayne Executive Education provides continuing professional development for individuals and organizations. Our programs focus on delivering practical business concepts and developing strong leadership proficiency to achieve real, sustainable results and a high return on investment.
Become a more effective leader and strategic thinker
The Strategic Leadership Development Program has been thoughtfully designed to provide an integrated and elevated learning experience. Throughout this program new skills, knowledge and behaviours are learned and applied through immediate integration in the workplace.
Running from December 2022 to July 2023, this program blends self-directed online modules with live, interactive online workshops. Sessions are deliberately spaced to allow sufficient time to digest materials, to practice concepts and tools, and to discuss ideas with colleagues. The module themes alternate between strategic and leadership topics. Between live sessions, learning engagement activities provide continuity and connectivity. The interwoven topics and activities are built into a flexible frame, with a mentored Action Learning Project and Personal Leadership Development Plan providing structure around the program’s themes.
For further information or to reserve your place contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Schedule: December 2, 2022 - July 21, 2023
The detailed content schedule for the current program is in the program brochure.
We invite you to join us for an Information Session to learn more about our Strategic Leadership Development Program and answer any questions you may have. For more information and to register please click here.
Throughout the Strategic Leadership Development Program strategy and leadership topics are intentionally intertwined, with each week’s theme building off of what has come before. The Action Learning Project and Personal Leadership Development components provide structure and cohesion to the program, resulting in an integrated and elevated learning experience.
Learn to think like an executive and reap the benefits of strategic thinking:
- Become a more effective leader, strategic thinker and agent of change within your organization;
- Contribute to your organization’s future direction through enhanced strategic thinking;
- Lead change within your organization through the immediate application of newly acquired ideas, tools and templates;
- Complete a professionally meaningful and relevant project with guided support and mentorship to provide significant return on investment to your organization;
- Discuss personal goal setting and problem-solving techniques in one-on-one coaching sessions with an executive coach, enabling you to develop a pragmatic plan for your leadership practice;
- Build a business network while learning from peers across various industries and Haskayne’s most experienced professionals.
A critical success measure of the Strategic Leadership Development Program is ensuring that what is learned is applied to real, relevant and timely business issues and opportunities. The Action Learning Project (ALP) process is designed to provide an opportunity for you to practically apply program content, assess knowledge gained and drive action through critical thinking and effective communication. In addition, ALPs produce a tangible outcome for you and your organization.
One key characteristic of successful leaders is their ability to think critically and make strategic decisions based on an understanding of essential business and leadership practices.
This program is designed for both experienced managers and high potential leaders from across all levels of the organization, including those who are:
- Working towards a more senior position;
- Taking on enhanced leadership responsibilities within their organizations;
- Moving from one functional area into a broader organizational role;
- Developing into a role that requires a more strategic outlook.
Program investment is $8,500 per participant.
Your investment includes the following:
- Program launch and orientation;
- 50 hours of live, synchronous program content; approximately 54 hours of self-directed, asynchronous learning and project preparation;
- All materials and copyrights, access to the virtual learning platform;
- 2 leadership diagnostic assessments;
- 2 coaching clinics with a Certified Executive Leadership Coach;
- 2 ALP group mentoring clinics;
- 1 ALP presentation preparation clinic with Haskayne faculty mentor;
- Framed certificate from the Haskayne School of Business.
Organizations that enrol multiple participants in the program may receive a program discount.
For more information: email@example.com.
By registering for this program, your organization could be eligible to receive the Canada Alberta Job Grant which covers up to 2/3 of the program costs. The funding model for the Strategic Leadership Development Program is an initial investment of $8,500. The government may reimburse up to $5,667 of that investment, making the final investment approximately $2,833.
An Executive Education team member will be able to assist with the grant application process. For more information: firstname.lastname@example.org.