Intimidated by investing? Not anymore!
Learn how your dollars can power the next generation of future-fit, feminist businesses. This program, run jointly by movement51 and the University of Calgary, is a safe, non-judgmental space to introduce you to the ins and outs of early-stage investing.
Schedule: October 3, 2023 - November 2, 2023
Commitment: 11 hours
Investment: Early bird registration - $900
Application Deadline: September 26, 2023
You will benefit from this learning experience, if you are interested in exploring the following questions:
- How do I develop my unique investment thesis to invest in new ventures?
- What financial knowledge do I need to invest in early-stage ventures?
- How do I conduct due diligence on early-stage ventures I am looking to invest in?
- How do I connect with a community of like-minded investors?
- How do I connect with the innovation ecosystem in Calgary and beyond?
- What is the impact of gender on investment decision making, and how does it influence access to capital?
Upon completing this program, you will:
- Develop strategies, techniques and frameworks to analyze early-stage investment opportunities, including start-ups
- Build a technical knowledge base for early-stage investing including a background in legal and governance structures
- Gain knowledge of essential documents in the investment process, including term sheets and expression of interest
- Understand gender-based issues impact early-stage investment decisions
- Understand how gender-based issues impact early-stage investment decisions
Built by experienced professionals and educators from both the corporate and academic worlds to create accessible, equitable education.
The Financial Feminism Investing Lab wouldn't be possible without our partners: