The Financial Feminism Investing Lab (Investor Edition) is an educational program that teaches participants to innovate and invest with confidence, with the goal of improving gender equality in the economy.
Commitment: 35 hours (25 hours online synchronous, 10 hours of asynchronous)
Duration: Eight weeks, ten modules
Application Deadline: TBD
This program is in partnership with The51 and the University of Calgary.
You will benefit from this learning experience, if you are interested in exploring the following questions:
- How do I develop my unique investment thesis to invest in new ventures?
- What financial knowledge do I need to invest in early-stage ventures?
- How do I conduct due diligence on early-stage ventures I am looking to invest in?
- How do I connect with a community of like-minded investors?
- How do I connect with the innovation ecosystem in Calgary and beyond?
- What is the impact of gender on investment decision making, and how does it influence access to capital?
Upon completing this program, you will:
- Develop strategies, techniques and frameworks to analyze early-stage investment opportunities, including start-ups
- Build a technical knowledge base for early-stage investing including a background in legal and governance structures
- Gain knowledge of essential documents in the investment process, including term sheets and expression of interest
- Understand gender-based issues impact early-stage investment decisions
- Understand how gender-based issues impact early-stage investment decisions