This program is in partnership with The51 and the University of Calgary.
Schedule: October 27 - December 1, 2021
Program Delivery: Online.
The Financial Feminism Investing Lab will build an early-stage investing capacity that appreciates the role of women-led start-ups in our society for economic and social impact. In this program, you will learn how to tackle the following pre- and post-investment phases:
- Evaluate: Early-stage investing
- Invest: Logistics of early-stage investment
- Monitor: Performance assessment
- Contribute: Governance for growth
You will benefit from this learning experience, if you are interested in exploring the following questions:
- How do I develop my unique investment thesis to invest in new ventures?
- What financial knowledge do I need to invest in early-stage ventures?
- How do I conduct due diligence on early-stage ventures I am looking to invest in?
- How do I connect with a community of like-minded investors?
- How do I connect with the innovation ecosystem in Calgary and beyond?
- What is the impact of gender on investment decision making, and how does it influence access to capital?
Upon completing this program, you will:
- Develop strategies, techniques and frameworks to analyze early-stage investment opportunities, including start-ups
- Build a technical knowledge base for early-stage investing including a background in legal and governance structures
- Gain knowledge of essential documents in the investment process, including term sheets and expression of interest
- Understand gender-based issues impact early-stage investment decisions
- Understand how gender-based issues impact early-stage investment decisions
This program is a part of the Canadian Women’s Foundation Investment Readiness Program funded by the Government of Canada’s Social Innovation/Social Finance Strategy.