Click here to be added to the program waitlist.
Program Delivery: Classroom
Location: University of Calgary Downtown Campus
Commitment: 2 days (14 hours)
Schedule to change
Professional Development Hours: 14 CPD hours for CHRP recertification with HRIA
Participants of this program are eligible to apply to complete an Associate (Level 1) Certificate by the Global Innovation Management Institute.
Business innovation is a necessity in today’s fast changing competitive environment, but does not always come easily. Where successful innovation is sought, the gap lies between idea and execution. This program focuses on business innovation as being the creation and capture of new value in new ways. You will be led through an end-to-end approach for developing breakthrough innovation: creating insights, generating business cases and developing actionable plans ready for immediate implementation. This program’s hands-on approach allows you to learn from innovation experts and link concepts and models directly to action plans. You will use these skills and tools in real-time to address innovation issues and explore new opportunities.
Your organization will receive a preferred rate for this program when registering two participants. This will allow team members to work together closely on a business innovation project that directly impacts the organization.
- Gain an enhanced understanding of business innovation and its importance
- Use a simple yet proven innovation process to develop new business ideas for your organization
- Apply techniques to confront potential problems and take calculated risks
- Recognize behaviours and skills that create valuable team members and result in key contributions to innovative projects
- Executives who are looking for a simple but proven process to help jump start innovation in their organization
- Professionals who are new to innovation or in the early stages of their innovation journey or career
- Leaders who are part of or starting to work on a few innovation projects
- Employees who want to be key contributors on innovation projects and initiatives
Hitendra Patel, PhD
Hitendra is the Managing Director of the Center for Innovation, Excellence & Leadership, a global innovation consulting company based in Cambridge, MA. He has helped over 50 global companies and their executive teams build innovation capabilities and get innovation results. He has helped drive innovation transformation initiatives at companies like Johnson Controls, Hewlett Packard, LG, Alibaba. com, CEMEX, Cadbury, Verizon, and P&G. He understands how to make innovation real from the top- down and bottom-up in complex and large organizations.
Hitendra is a Professor of Innovation and Growth and has taught innovation to over 5,000 students. He developed and leads the largest global innovation action program in the world. He co-founded the Global Innovation Management Institute and has been the main driver for creating certification testing standards to make innovation a management discipline across the globe.