Participants come from a variety of fields including real estate development, banking, government, architecture, planning and engineering. The program is aimed for those who aspire to work in field of real estate development, expand understanding of the development process, and benefit from local expertise, perspectives and gain hands-on experience.
Participants who attend this course will learn to:
- Compare the advantages and disadvantages of mixed-use real estate planning and development across several regions of Canada.
- Identify and discuss important factors for leasing and selling mixed-use developments.
- Describe the basic principles of mixed-use development for a transit-oriented development.
- Recognize the role of planning policies, municipal approval, and development regulations on potential mixed-use projects.
- Apply specific criteria for site selection feasibility to produce a mixed-use development plan.
- Collaborate with co-learners to present mixed-use development plan to class.