Canada-Alberta Job Grant Incentives
The Canada-Alberta Job Grant (CAJG) is an employer-driven program that helps employers invest in training for their current and future employees.
It can help provide your workers with the training they need to support and advance your business, whether they are new to the job or moving up in the organization. New changes to the Canada-Alberta Job Grant now offers new incentives:
- Employers can received get up to two-thirds of the cost of training covered for eligible current employees, up to $10,000 per trainee to a maximum of $300,000 per year, per organization.
- Up to 100 per cent of training costs reimbursed when hiring and training eligible unemployed Albertans, up to $15,000 per trainee.
- Sole proprietors can now apply to CAJG to train their employees.
- Travel assistance will allow more businesses outside Edmonton and Calgary, to train their employees.
Now is your opportunity to build and develop your leadership portfolio with financial support made available through the CAJG.
Your chosen executive development programs will expose you to advanced principles and business models which intentionally integrate the real-time application of theories and practices. Further, Haskayne programs are designed to provide you with the tools to create your competitive advantage and realize results.
Employed Trainees: New or existing employee that will fill current or future job vacancies
Unemployed Trainees: A new or recent hire of a company who was unemployed for more than 30 consecutive days prior to being hired by the employer and hired for no more than 4 weeks prior to signing and submitting the CAJG application
Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or protected person under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (Canada) entitled to work in Canada who are currently residing in Alberta
Living in Alberta
- Must be employed by an Eligible Company (criteria below)
Immediate family of the employer
Company owners (such as shareholders of a corporation)and any member of the employer’s board or council
Temporary Foreign Workers, or anyone temporarily working in Canada
Any person who will not be employed by the employer once the training is completed
Any person who is not living in Alberta
- Any person unemployed, or not employed at an eligible company
*The eligibility criteria is set by the Canada-Alberta Job Grant office. For a detailed guide click here.
By using the CAJG, currently employed individuals can fund up to 2/3 of program costs ($10,000 maximum per employee) and unemployed/newly hired individuals can fund 100 per cent of program costs ($15,000 maximum per individual).
Custom programs are also eligible for grant funding. The staff at Haskayne Executive Education will work with you to design a program that not only achieves real-world results for your business, but also aligns with the requirements necessary for receiving grant funding.
The grant covers up to 2/3 of the total cost of training for current employees and 100 per cent for the hiring and training of unemployed persons, to a maximum of $300,000 per organization, per year.
- Private Businesses (including sole-proprietors**)
- Non-profit organizations
- First Nations and Métis Settlements in Alberta
- Designated Crown Corporations in communities of 100,000 people or less
- Eligible employers must be in good standing with the province
Public sector employers are not eligible. This includes:
- federal, provincial or local governments
- Crown Corporations not listed under Eligible Employers
- hospitals, schools, public post-secondary institutions
- Federal and provincial agencies
**Sole proprietors are eligible to apply to train their employees only.
Want to speak with someone for more grant information – call 403-220-6600 or email email@example.com