The Haskayne School of Business has found it necessary to implement a number of lab policies and guidelines, as well as, surveillance cameras and security systems in each lab.
The Scurfield Hall Computer Labs are unattended by support staff. However, please be aware that all labs are monitored by video surveillance cameras. Equipment is attached to a security system. Please do not attempt to move or remove any equipment.
The University Standard of Conduct towards persons and property must be observed in the labs. Failure to do so will result in referral to the Assistant Dean (Undergraduate Program). Please refer to the Student Misconduct Section of the University of Calgary Calendar. Disciplinary actions may include probation, suspension, or expulsion from the University or, if warranted, referral of the case to the law enforcement authorities.
General guidelines for conduct in the Labs:
- Use spill-proof containers for liquids when in the lab and help keep litter to a minimum.
- Remember to log off your computer before you leave the lab.
- Save your work frequently.
- For temporary storage you may save to the H:\ drive. Note that this is cleaned out on a regular basis.
- Use the computer labs for course work only.
- Have only one seat per computer and conduct group work outside the lab.
- Leave your computer areas clean, neat, and with chairs pushed in.
- Scan your disks for viruses prior to introducing them to lab machines.
Please do not:
- Leave your workstation for longer than 15 minutes.
- Leave personal items unattended. The Business school will not be responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Move computer chairs. if you must, please put them back in their proper location.