UCeed Haskayne Student Fund
Be a part of Western Canada’s first university-based private equity fund managed by students, for students.
The UCeed Haskayne Student Fund is launching in Fall 2020 and we are recruiting for Fund Managers and Associates. Fund Managers and Associates will work together to make investments and manage a real-dollar portfolio while completing innovative coursework. You will receive a FNCE credit at the completion of your commitment with the UCeed Haskayne Student Fund.
Coursework includes presentations and interactions with some of the leading investors and innovators in our community and direct participation and interaction with CDL members and investors.
What is the UCeed Haskayne Student Fund?
- UCeed Haskayne Student Fund is a real-dollar fund managed by and for students over the course of a two-year commitment
- Students will co-invest in start-up companies alongside experienced angel and seed fund investors
- Professional oversight and coaching will be provided by Innovate Calgary’s UCeed Fund Program and Creative Destruction Lab-Rockies
Who can apply?
Graduate students and 3rd, 4th or 5th year undergraduate students are eligible to apply. Prerequisites for the program courses (Finance 469 or 669) are found in the Calendar. Students across all faculties with comparable backgrounds may be considered. We are looking for a broad range of applicants with an emphasis on interest, work ethic and diversity of experiences and background.
Fund Managers (5-7 positions available)
- Day-to-day fund management duties; help train/lead Associates; weekly student/faculty meetings
- Research and evaluate investment opportunities, perform due diligence, write/present investment recommendation reports to the Investment Advisory Group and participate in quarterly UCeed Investment Review Meetings (supported by professional volunteers and mentors)
Associates (5-7 positions available)
- Support and present ideas to Fund Managers; weekly student/faculty meetings
- Due diligence reviews and background work related to the investment opportunities
- Best-in-class curriculum designed by the Haskayne School of Business
- Half-year FNCE course credit (FNCE 469 or FNCE 669) for qualified Fund Managers
- Unparalleled hands-on learning experience
How to apply
Recruitment is completed for the 2020-2021 cohort. Recruitment for the 2021-2022 cohort will begin in spring 2021.