Haskayne Student Experiences Fund
The Student Experiences Fund (SEF) is intended to support the Haskayne Experience. The School’s vision must reflect the values of its namesake, Dick Haskayne, by honouring his lifelong commitment to principled business leadership characterized by ethics, sustainable practices and community service. Innovative programs, rich experiential learning opportunities, and excellent instruction create a superior experience for those enrolled in the School’s programs.
The SEF will support the Haskayne Experience through the following mission:
- deepen connection to community through engagement and partnerships
- provide rich experiential learning opportunities so that students further develop their skills in research, teamwork, problem-solving, critical-thinking, effective communication, and a spirit of community service
- expand opportunities for students to gain national and international experience
- reinforce student innovation and empower students to foster feelings of ownership, involvement, and connection to this mission through individual and team extra-curricular and curricular activities
- positively impact student learning by allowing them to think pro-actively about development opportunities, and emphasizing the value of student experience both inside and outside the classroom
- reduce financial barriers to activities to maximize the number of students participating in these activities, and to offer experiences students who would not normally pursue professional development opportunities
- Read the full SEF Policy and Judging Criteria Documents
- Complete all written sections on the application form (individual application form or group application form)
- Attach a detailed budget
- Attach any supporting documents
- Read the Haskayne Student Code of Conduct
- Obtain faculty/staff support signature on your application form
- Print the application form, scan it and upload to the SEF section (Dropbox) on either the Hello Haskayne (undergrads) or MBA D2L Student Site (grads).
Claiming Your Funds
Below are the steps you’ll need to follow to obtain your expense reimbursement from the Student Experiences Fund for the experience that you have received approved funding for. This to be completed along with your Activity Report within ONE MONTH after you have taken part in your experience.
- Complete your activity report using the template that is available. Failure to submit an activity report along with your expenses will lead to your expenses not being paid.
- Print off a copy of your original budget included in your application.
- Complete the non-employee expense reimbursement form provided. Total your expense form and be sure to include as much detail as possible.
- Separate your receipts by expense type (indicated on your application budget - ex. accomodation, travel, etc.)
- Tape your receipts on to blank pieces of paper in the order in which they appear on the expense form, being sure to write the matching item# from the expense form beside it.
- Include proof of event/program participation as well as your boarding passes if applicable (to be included with receipts).
- Copy all of the documents for your own records.
- Put the completed expense form, the receipt pages (including boarding passes and proof of participation), along with the original application budget in a labelled envelope. Don’t forget to include your activity report!
- Submit the hardcopy of your forms in the provided envelope to the Dean's Office reception desk on 3rd floor (SH 343).
Once expenses have been submitted for processing, you can expect your payment to arrive in 4-6 weeks. Please let us know when you have received your payment so that we can mark it in our records.